It's been over 2 months since my last post!!
I wish I could say I've been working hard crocheting, cooking, gardening, and hiking, and have a ton of stuff to catch up on, but sadly I haven't been doing much of anything - until last weekend!
I got a sewing machine for Christmas and finally finished my first project!! I decided to make a baby blanket. I went to Fabricland and they were having a sale and I was so excited! I picked some beautiful teal fleece for one side and a swirly teal flannelette for the other. I took the fabrics to the cutting table and got 1 meter of the flannelette and wanted 1 meter of the fleece, but there was only .6 meters! Gasp! Thankfully the cutting lady was super nice and experienced and suggested that I cut it into 12" squares and sew them together into a square. Brilliant!
I got home, cut the fleece into squares and sewed 9 of them together to form a square. I measured each side to figure out how big to cut the flannelette, and each side was a different size! I'm not sure how I managed that because I thought I was being so careful! The longest side was 35.5', so I cut the flannelette into a 35.5' square and just stretched the fleece to make it fit. I sewed the pieces together inside out, then turned it right side out and sewed around the edge again. I also sewed along the fleece seams to keep both fabrics together.
Here's how it turned out:
Post a Comment